Currently, on walking tours the (COVID19 restrictions) maximum number is 30, but we may have a lower maximum depending on the tour. On boat trips the maximum is currently 8, as a small area is outside.
Irrespective of the lifting of government restrictions, we are only taking bookings for up to 8 people on boat trips for the remainder of 2021 and 2022. If the government rules allow and for private hire only, on the day of the trip, we will allow you to increase your number to our maximum of 12, subject to any additional payments.
No refunds will be given if we are able to operate within the government restrictions valid on that day.
We can not guarantee on any public trip where you will be sitting internally or externally or if you will be able to move within the boat. We may ask you to wear a face mask, use sanitiser or other safety measure, irrespective of government requirements and this is a condition of travel.
Please don’t bend the rules and guests who argue about any safety measures will not be allowed to continue the tour and will not be refunded.
Measures we are taking to ensure your safety
We are all concerned about Coronavirus (COVID-19) so I wanted to share more information to reassure you that myself and the team here at River Adventures are taking all reasonable steps to protect against the risks, so that you can enjoy your special occasion or tour with us. We also need your help, as it needs to be a combined effort.
- We have hand sanitiser available on all boat trips, which we will ask you to use before entering the boat.
- On our boat, we will be cleaning surfaces and seats on a regular basis during the day. This on occasion may cause slight delays and we ask for your patience if this affects your trip.
- On the trips where we provide food, it is kept chilled and sealed. We have always been very careful with hygiene and staff will use single-use hygienic gloves, to serve food, as we have always done. Crew will also use masks where appropriate.
- Any equipment for our silent discos will be suitably cleaned between tours.
Group numbers and social distance
- Part of Lady Pamela’s charm is that she is not a big trip boat, normally carrying a maximum of 12 passengers, but we will be limiting numbers to make sure you have physical space and feel comfortable. We will review all bookings to ensure they meet the current guidance. To avoid disappointment larger groups can email us before making a booking.
- If it’s not raining, the cockpit is always open and we will also be removing most of the Saloon windows, so whilst being sheltered it will allow air flow.
- All of our tours are small group tours but you can also book all tours for private use, if you do not want to share and there is space. Contact us by email if you have difficulty finding private availability online or wish to change to a private tour.
- We will be limiting the amount of our walking and silent disco tours and reducing numbers, to respect our local community. These will also be available for private tours if you would prefer.
We are keeping up to date with the most recent guidance and are actively thinking about how we can best protect our guests and ourselves. But don’t just take it from us, listen to what our guests have to say.
All Covid measures in place. A really enjoyable thing to do whilst in bath. (Hollie H, TripAdvisor)
Safety on the water and compliance with current COVID-19 guidelines were spot on. (Lanie, TripAdvisor)
Covid safety measures in place and was lovely and clean. (Gemma C, TripAdvisor)
The boat was wiped down in between trips and there were only 6 people on our trip, so no overcrowding with the current Coronavirus, felt very safe. (Lynsey N, TripAdvisor)
What we are asking from you
We ask that if a member of your party is feeling unwell that they do not take part on our tour. We are waiving our non cancellation terms for these circumstances. Please contact us as soon as you know and we will issue a gift card. Please be respectful of others and be accommodating to ensure everyone has the space they need to be safe.
If you need further information or advice about coronavirus please see the NHS website here. If you would like to contact us, the best way is currently via email. We can call you back if that’s best.
We hope to see you soon.
Skipper / Director, River Adventures Limited