Tours restart 1st August 2020. Online booking is now open.
Coronavirus has obviously had a massive impact on all of us. The tour business, which gains most of its income during the summer months, has been badly hit. We are no exception but we are coping well and will be here to give you great experiences well into the future. A big thank you to our customers that have accepted gift vouchers for their postponed trips, as this has been a huge help to us. We are really looking forward to seeing you back soon!
Measures we are taking to ensure your safety
We are all concerned about Coronavirus (COVID-19) so I wanted to share more information to reassure you that myself and the team here at River Adventures are taking all reasonable steps to protect against the risks, so that you can enjoy your special occasion or tour with us. We also need your help as it needs to be a combined effort.
- We will have hand sanitiser available on all boat trips, which we will ask you to use before entering the boat.
- On our boat, we will be cleaning surfaces and seats on a regular basis during the day. This on occasion may cause slight delays and we would ask for your patience if this affects your trip.
- On the trips where we provide food, it is kept chilled and sealed. We have always been very careful with hygiene and staff will use hygienic gloves, which will be for single use, to serve food, as we have always done. Crew will also use masks where appropriate.
- Any equipment for our silent discos will be suitably cleaned between tours.
Group numbers and ensuring social distance
- Part of Lady Pamela’s charm is that she is not a big trip boat, normally carrying a maximum of 12 passengers, but we will be limiting numbers to make sure you have physical space and feel comfortable.
- If it’s not raining, the cockpit is always open and we will also be removing most of the Saloon windows, so whilst being sheltered it will allow air flow.
- All of our tours are small group tours but you can also book all tours for private use, if you do not want to share and there is space. Contact us by email if you have difficulty finding private availability online or wish to change to a private tour.
- We will be limiting the amount of our walking and silent disco tours and reducing numbers, to respect our local community. These will also be available for private tours if you would prefer.
We are keeping up to date with the most recent guidance and we are actively thinking about how we can best protect our guests and ourselves. Although businesses within the travel and hospitality sector are already beginning to reopen, we have decided to start on the 1st August so we have time to learn and reflect from those who may start earlier.
What we are asking from you
We ask that if a member of your party is feeling unwell that they do not take part on our tour. We are waiving our non cancellation terms for these circumstances. Please contact us as soon as you know and we will issue a gift card. Please be respectful of others and be accommodating to ensure everyone has the space they need to be safe.
If you need further information or advice about coronavirus please see the NHS website here. If you would like to contact us, the best way is currently via email. We can call you back if that’s best.
We hope to see you soon.
Skipper / Director, River Adventures Limited